Friday, June 1, 2012

Supernova: Kesatria, Putri, dan Bintang Jatuh


I forgot how many books I've read until now.
The day after tomorrow is my sophomore final exam, yet I spent 3 hours straight reading this book. Okay, move on to my review (it's better to do some reviews when it's still fresh in your mind).

For the record, I actually have bought this book so long before I finally decided to grab myself together and tried to look again through her pages -Supernova. First time I bought her, I spent nearly one hour to read several chapters, let's just say five until nine. Guess what, I was bored.

No, no, the book was fine, She was fine. I had no problem with the book, but somehow with the author's way in telling events. She used many Physics terms -I guess so- that no common people would simply understand them. Bifurcation, serotonin, I don't even know how to spell. No, no, I know serotonin, but her terms for many universal events and atomic incidents are just... not helping me much.

Thus, I decided to pause the book. It's rare, yes. Even the most uninteresting fantasy story I've read so far took at least 2 hours of my life to finish it, without stoping.
I thought it was just my brain just couldn't process those words really good, I need to take a break. Hiatus.

Then suddenly, out of nowhere, I decided to continue it again. I always have a thing for any philosophical ideas, scientific explanation for human's emotions, life experiences. And I knew I found them in this book, though it was really hard to digest previously, I had quite great time spending three hours of my sleep to finish the book. Can't believe myself either.

Anyway, overall, the book spent her 400-ish pages to elucidate about a gay couple who decided to make a novel based on scientific-something. Along the story, the author included several points from the gay couple who wrote a story, and the actors in their story. It was like reading a book in a book. Inception.

It was so hard in the beginning, but gradually, I started to understand and enjoy it. How I always looking for books that explicitly blurt out philosophical ideas and paradoxes. It's fun playing with paradoxes, and I kind of seeing it from this book. Many scientific terms are being introduced through this book -I wonder how the author studied all of those herself just to make one fine hard novel?

This book actually as simple as the idea of questioning. The idea I found tangling all of the events is actually about human tried to question themselves, how every single particle we live in is actually a question mark, and how we are actually living by keep answering them. As simple as that. As mystical as that.

Well, still got exams. Go read by yourself!
Doodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment